The 2012-2015 Safe Water for Honduran Healthcare Facilities Program evaluated the impact and sustainability of water treatment systems donated by General Electric Foundation to health facilities in 10 healthcare facilities in Honduras.
As the programs research and capacity building partner, CGSW activities included:
- Monitoring and Evaluation of the water treatment system
- Developing the sustainability metric which provides a scoring system to assess and track four main domains of sustainability: technical feasibility, onsite capacity, accountability, and institutional engagement.
- Ensuring Sustainability of the water treatment system through the Safe Water Sustainability Metric Tool
- Needs assessment of the WASH attitudes, knowledge and practice of healthcare staff
- Training of healthcare staff on prioritizing WASH in healthcare facilities
- Galvanizing evidence for action in WASH in Healthcare Facilities through stakeholder engagement
- Identifying and documenting the most important elements necessary for the sustained provision of safe water in HCF. This work informed the WASHCon Tool